View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 03:16 AM

Hey Geoff,

Sorry to hear about the experience and the difficult decision you’re up against. I understand it perfectly well as I’ve had similar discussions with other webmasters looking at that proverbial fork in the road and not knowing what to do.

My experience with CCBill sales are up and down like a toilet seat for me but I haven’t experienced an overall downturn. I am looking at flat sales year over year despite my belief that I was actually down (I really need to pay closer attention to those damn numbers) but I have done quite a few things to help keep the income steady.

Probably the best thing I did was drop some dog sites that just weren’t performing anymore. I was paying for hosting, updating, traffic, redesigns, etc before realizing that I could either sell them cheap or shut them down entirely so I didn’t have to worry about it anymore. Last 12 months I have sold or shut down 8 smaller sites and man, what a damn relief.

I also branched out big time into consulting and freelance stuff which has allowed me to avoid the whole day job thing. I come from the newspaper industry (which has been hammered far worse then the online adult industry) so I shudder what it would be like to try and re-enter the workforce.

As for Glamour Images I still love that site… lol. Sometimes old school works. If you look at Winnie’s Pantyhose, it’s been the same since its launch and I know that site converts like mad.

I hope you find a way to avoid updating that resume and putting it to use. If you ever want to do some brainstorming, shoot me a PM. I’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
Chris