View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:05 AM

One last point on this (I hope)

Today, Saturday, I will be shooting a local amateur model for about 7 hours. We have to pay her, provide the shoes, nylons and or/pantyhose etc. Let's say that's a $200 cost. I then have to edit/process the pics and vids for the site (say 1 1/2 days), select the pics for the FHGs and make up the pages etc, etc.

Out of every $100 sales we get net $42.75, but there are other costs too. The affiliates get $50. So I have to get $500 to even cover my costs. The affiliate makes pretty much $250 out of that - most of which is profit and it's taken far less time to earn it. If I make $1000 sales I will make $227 gross profit and the affiliate $500. That's a rough model/math but use it as a guide.

Even if the model was Astrid, we would have to buy outfits, nylons/pantyhose, accessories and shoes at least. OK not every time but a pair of good fetish heels can be $100+ and boots etc much more.

Thankfully because of my affiliate business, the site is a paid for hobby again. But I am lucky in that respect. I agree 100% that we need the affiliate programme to generate a decent level of sales. Don't think there is anyway forward without it but at what cost?

Now does it surprise you that so many independent paysites are closing? There is just no money in it anymore. The ones that stay/survive are doing it for love or they are one of the few that have a very successful site.